Vet Assistant – Patient Care
Category: Hospital Support Staff
Posted Date: September 6, 2019
As a Veterinary Assistant:
- You compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle patients.
- You understand the differences between vomiting versus regurgitation.
- You will administer oral, subcutaneous, and intravenous medications.
- You reconstitute and label common medications.
- You will clean and sterilize surgical instruments
- You must remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrate proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
- You set up oxygen cages.
- You provide supplemental heating or cooling per doctor orders.
- You will appropriately restrains aggressive canine and/or feline patients.
- You provide patient updates to clients and participate in client visits with non-critical patients.
- You assist with patient discharge process.
- You are expected to participate in a minimum of five (5) internal or external continuing education credit hours annually, including annual OSHA training.
• Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred.
• High School graduate.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.