The Veterinary Technician Manager oversees all Veterinary Technicians and Assistants in a hospital or department and facilitates the delivery of remarkable care for pets. The role is responsible for all day-to-day matters impacting Technicians/Assistants including scheduling, performance management, hiring and training along with oversight of quality of nursing care. Veterinary Technician Managers occasionally work alongside their supervised staff to provide nursing care for pets.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Demonstrates highly advanced proficiency as a Veterinary Technician or Advanced Patient Care Associate within their appropriate department and maintains all related skills and knowledge.
- Creates effective working relationships with hospital leadership to ensure standards of care are understood, effectively communicated, and delivered upon.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert and resource to Technicians and Assistants regarding daily operations, patient care, and skill development.
- Serves as a mentor to staff by demonstrating positive work habits, effective clinical skills and business knowledge.
- Identifies conflicts in the workplace and seeks assistance in resolution in order to create effective working relationships.
- Coaches staff to create a culture of strong performance and high productivity.
- Clearly communicates with team members to ensure consistent understanding of new ideas, changes in protocol, policies, and impending changes.
- Builds positive relationships across the hospital and administration to facilitate an environment of teamwork.
- Implements process improvement initiatives.
- Works with the Technician Training Manager to schedule ongoing training.
- Documents performance-related issues, assesses team members during annual review, and provides hospital leadership with recommendations related to performance management and discipline.
- Adheres to and leads by the Five Principles.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, scrub allowance, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.