BluePearl’s Brandon location is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician – Surgery. Are you looking for a new opportunity as a veterinary technician? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where learning and development is valued and encouraged? We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Technician to join an exceptional medical staff.
The ideal candidate is driven, dependable, committed, knowledgeable and demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills in a team atmosphere. Applicants should be prepared to work in a fast-paced and rewarding setting, have a minimum of two years of veterinary technical experience in the areas of anesthesia, radiography, IVC placement and surgical equipment operation/maintenance.
Surgery Technicians should be comfortable handling sedation and basic to advanced anesthesia cases. They should be capable of taking x-rays at an intermediate level.
The primary function of the Surgery Veterinary Technician is to be responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and stable outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Administers subcutaneous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, state of the art healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Your success is our success.
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!