Veterinary Technician – Emergency
Category: Hospital Support Staff
Posted Date: September 11, 2019
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician you will…
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, CRT, mucous membranes, temp, respiratory rate and effort.
- Working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- Intubates patients under the direction of a Level II tech or higher.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Click HERE to follow us on Facebook!