Veterinary Technician – Surgery
Posted Date: November 7, 2019
As a Surgery Veterinary Technician you will…
- Provide nursing care to stable and critical patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Perform physical exams; accurately record heart and pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients.
- Perform in-house laboratory diagnostics.
- Set up intravenous fluids.
- Properly calculate medical math (including constant rate infusions) and administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Proficiently perform phlebotomy and place intravenous catheters in all peripheral vessels.
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients and utilize anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Click HERE to follow us on Facebook!