As a Veterinary Technician Supervisor:
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency as a Veterinary Technician within their appropriate department and maintains all related skills and knowledge.
- Creates effective working relationships with hospital leadership to facilitate communication of ideas, policies, standards and performance.
- Coaches supervised group for strong performance and productivity in the delivery of medical services to patients.
- Serves as a mentor to lower-level staff by demonstrating positive work habits, effective clinical skills and business knowledge.
- Facilitates an environment of ongoing communication and feedback.
- Implements process improvement initiatives that remove barriers to excellent service.
- Coaches team members to be continuously aware and proactive at anticipating and addressing patient and client needs and to seek assistance with escalated, stressful situations.
- Works with hospital leadership to organize Veterinary Technician and Assistant meetings.
- Works with the Technician Trainer to organize training schedules for Technician staff.
- Identifies conflicts in the workplace and seeks assistance in resolution in order to create effective working relationships.
- Provides feedback related to Technician performance to hospital leadership and works with them to develop performance improvement plans.
- May work with hospital leadership to create schedule for Veterinary Technicians and Assistants.
- May assist hospital leadership in recruiting and annual review of Veterinary Technicians.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- experienced veterinary social workers on staff
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.