Veterinary Technician – Cardiology
Posted Date: December 3, 2019
As a BluePearl Cardiology Technician, you will:
- Place intravenous catheters in all peripheral veins.
- Perform physical exam; accurately count heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membrane, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Perform all in-house laboratory diagnostics and appropriately submit out-house laboratory samples to all diagnostic labs used.
- Calculate medical math including Continuous Rate Infusions (CRIs) when needed.
- Address client concerns and answer them appropriately during visits, updates, or after hospitalization, and facilitate incoming calls to the Cardiology department.
- Prepare medications and patient for discharge, and communicate discharge instructions to client.
- Perform diagnostic quality ECG.
- Identify common arrhythmias
- Set-up and assist with thoracocentesis, abdominocentesis, pericardiocentesis.
- Perform radiography using proper technique and PPE.
- Recognize patients at risk for arrest and initiate CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
- Set up and assist with interventional cardiology procedures which may include: PDA embolization, balloon valvuloplasty, electrical cardioversion, pacemaker implantation.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster.
- Access to BluePearl University and free CE events hosted by BluePearl.
- CE allowance.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training.
- Health, vision, dental, pet, and life insurance benefits.
- 401k with match.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Referral bonus program.
- Annual scrub store allowance.
- Associate discounts.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.