Vet Technician – Surgery
Sandy Springs, GA
Posted Date: January 14, 2020
As a Veterinary Technician:
• You compassionately, calmly and gently approaches and handles patients.
• You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
• You are able to identify abnormal pathology.
• You are able to perform effective oral nerve blocks in preparation for advanced procedures as directed by veterinarian.
• You understand hospital estimates and has ability to present them in a clear manner to clients.
• You perform manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
• You mentor and train level 1-2 veterinary technicians and assistants.
• You address client concerns and answer them appropriately within job duties.
• You educate owners in the areas of dental health and appropriate dental home care
• You prepare medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
• Current certification/license in veterinary technology
• Mastery of Tech Level 2 competencies and maintains proficiency.
• Minimum 1 year experience working in department.
• High School graduate.
As a member of the Mars Petcare Family, BluePearl is the next step in your career.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training.
- Health, vision, dental, pet, and life insurance benefit packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Referral Bonus Program.
- Associate discounts.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.