Veterinary Technician – Part Time
Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Date: February 12, 2020
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician you will:
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients and use anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients.
- Have a complete understanding of normal ranges of patient vitals signs, including but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
- Obtain and interpret blood pressure and other vitals signs and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
- Identify patients at risk for arrest and initiate CPR.
- Properly calculate medical math (including constant rate infusions) and administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Are proficient at performing phlebotomy and placing intravenous catheters in all peripheral vessels.
- Place and maintain feeding tubes and central line catheters.
- Have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- Have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Click HERE to follow us on Facebook!