Veterinary Technician – Part Time
Eden Prairie, MN
Posted Date: February 13, 2020
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician:
- You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
- You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up requests by veterinarian.
- You identify, understand different types and stages of shock.
- You understand hospital estimates and have the ability to present them in a clear manner to clients.
- You place nasoesophageal and nasogastic feeding tubes.
- You identify common heart arrhythmias and obtain vitals on patients.
- You perform radiographs and complete in-house labwork including manual differentials, urinalysis, and fecal testing.
- You accurately start and monitor blood product transfusions.
- You address client concerns and answer them appropriately.
- You prepare medications and patient for discharge, and communicate discharge instructions to client.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital, emergency experience is preferred but not required.
- High School graduate.
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, state of the art healthcare. We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Our associate benefits include:
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance package options.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Scrub allowance.
- Opportunity to bring your dog to work
- Additional training with unlimited growth potential.
- 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. We are pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.