Experienced Emergency Technician wanted for our Rivergate location!
We have part-time openings available with possible full-time availability if willing to work at our other locations.
If you are one of those technicians that loves emergency cases, providing care and comfort to the critically ill or injured patient, we are the place for you! We are looking for a highly ambitious, self-motivated and compassionate candidate to join our amazing team. The successful candidate will work alongside our team of experienced technicians, assistants, and ER doctors providing remarkable care for pets. The Nashville area is one of the most quickly growing and popular areas of the country to live! Music, food, history, professional sports teams, outdoor recreation, plenty of southern charm and no state income tax, makes us the place to be! Come see our clinics and meet our awesome team of professionals.
Minimum experience required for this position opening:
• Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
• Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
• Performs phlebotomy.
• Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
• Able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
• Alerts veterinarian if a patient’s status has changed and/or physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside of normal ranges.
• Calculates basic medical math.
• Understands classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
• Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
• Prepares medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
• Maintains solid grasp of common veterinary medical terms and abbreviations and is able to converse with other veterinary professionals in medical terms.
• Able to address client concerns and answer them appropriately during visits, updates, or after hospitalization, for their skill set. Quickly and competently facilitates incoming calls.
• Implement appropriate animal husbandry skills to decrease disease spread, injury and stress to patients.
• Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
• Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
• Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
• Current certification/license in veterinary technology.
• Mastery of Tech Level I competencies and maintains proficiency.
• Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred.
• High School graduate.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster.
- Access to BluePearl University and free CE events hosted by BluePearl.
- CE allowance.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training.
- Health, vision, dental, pet, and life insurance benefits.
- 401k with match.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Referral bonus program.
- Annual scrub store allowance.
- Associate discounts.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.