Primary responsibilities: triage emergency cases as they come in and as needed, assist DVM with crafting and going over estimates, performing diagnostics (radiographs, labwork, etc), setting patients up in ICU or Inpatient ward, discharging patients, client communication, etc.
As an Emergency Technician you will:
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards ofcare and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Understands classification of commonly-used medications, associated sideeffects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refilltime, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment andassist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Intubates patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstratesproficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/orsupervisor.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.