Veterinary Technician – Surgery
Eden Prairie, MN
Posted Date: March 26, 2020
As a BluePearl Surgery Technician you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable and critical patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients for orthopedic radiographs.
- Perform in-house laboratory diagnostics.
- Properly calculate medical math (including constant rate infusions) and administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Proficiently perform phlebotomy and place intravenous catheters in all peripheral veins.
- Place urinary catheters and central line catheters.
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients and use anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- You can identify patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster.
- Access to BluePearl University and free CE events hosted by BluePearl.
- CE allowance.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training.
- Health, vision, dental, pet, and life insurance benefits.
- 401k with match.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Referral bonus program.
- Annual scrub store allowance.
- Associate discounts.
Join Our Team! Our Eden Prairie location has a strong sense of family. We look out for each other, and our departments work seamlessly together towards our common goal. If you enjoy being part of a cohesive, passionate team, this is the clinic for you!
Your success is our success!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.