Advanced Patient Care Associate
Category: Hospital Support Staff
Posted Date: March 26, 2020
BluePearl Veterinary Partners is now hiring for an exceptional, qualified, and passionate Advanced Patient Care Associate to join our team.
The primary function of the Advanced Patient Care Associate is to be responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and outpatient diagnostics and treatments. Advanced Patient Care Associates do not hold a current CVT, LVT, RVT, or LVMT license.
As an Advanced Patient Care Associate:
- You maintain proficiency at Veterinary Assistant Level 2 clinical skills and competencies.
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approaches and handles patients.
- You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
- You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up requests by veterinarian within their skill set.
- You identify, understand different types and stages of shock.
- You understand hospital estimates and have the ability to present them in a clear manner to clients.
- You accurately set up, perform, and troubleshoot central venous pressure monitoring via all methods.
- You perform chest tube maintenance and evacuation.
- You perform tracheostomy tube maintenance.
- You place nasal oxygen lines and ensures proper positioning.
- You place single and multi-lumen central lines as well as PICC lines.
- You place nasoesophageal and nasogastic feeding tubes.
- You appropriately administer and maintain parental nutrition delivery to patient.
- You identify common heart arrhythmias.
- You resuscitate neonates.
- You perform manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You care for and appropriately handle patient drains (Jackson Pratt, Penrose, etc.).
- You administer eye tests as deemed appropriate by veterinarian (tonopen, fluorescence stain, shrimer tear test).
- You mentor and train level 1-2 veterinary technicians and assistants.
- You accurately start and monitor blood product transfusions.
- You address client concerns and answer them appropriately within job duties.
- You prepare medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
- You provide patient nursing care to ICU level 3 patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- You actively participates in hospital’s day to day function by taking on additional responsibilities.
- Mastery of Veterinary Assistant Level II competencies and maintains proficiency.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an emergency and/or critical care department.
- High School graduate.
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, state of the art healthcare. We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Our associate benefits include:
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance package options.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Scrub allowance.
- Opportunity to bring your dog to work
- Additional training with unlimited growth potential.
- 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. We are pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.