BluePearl Veterinary Partners, located in New Castle, DE, is seeking a full-time Emergency Veterinarian to join our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital. We are looking to expand our current Emergency department due to high caseload and growth of the service. We offer critical care coverage 7 days a week and have an interest in investing in our interns and their contributions to our team. We also provide an active externship experience to active veterinary students.
- Do you have a passion for working with animals and learning new standard methodologies in veterinary health?
- Are you a dedicated Veterinarian who takes great pride in providing pets with the best possible care?
- Do you practice patience with your patients daily?
- Would your peers describe you as respectful, resilient, and a phenomenal teammate?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware, a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in New Castle, Delaware, has been serving its community since August 2002. Our hospital is the only one in Delaware that offers both emergency and specialty services. It is located off I-95 and easily accessible to Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey clients and patients. In addition to our 24/7 emergency services, we also offer:
- critical care
- internal medicine
Our 11,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility features a 16-slice CT scanner as well as all the equipment necessary to perform any orthopedic, soft tissue or minimally invasive procedure. The hospital has a large case volume with a variety of cases handled by our 18 boarded veterinarians and our talented nursing staff, which includes a high percentage of LVT associates and 12 VST associates.
Our needs in the community have continued to grow and we are in the design and building process for a nearby new location. This new facility is planned to be 20,000 square feet with a large dedicated area to ICU/Critical Care and Emergency Services. The current move-in date is scheduled for January 2020.
We know having an engaged team is critical to the care of our patients and the running of the hospital. We truly have a team approach to patient care at every level. This is a great work environment with staff and clinicians who approach patient care with enthusiasm and collaboration to ensure that the most compassionate care is achieved for patients and their families. We also work with several veterinary technician programs in the area and provide training experiences and technician internship programs for the surrounding technician colleges.
As a member of the BluePearl Veterinary Partners Family:
- You will join the Mars Petcare Network.
- You will have access to a rich supply of resources to further our mission: Enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- You will work in a hospital with a best-in-class focus on specialty and emergency medicine; no primary care.
- We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit packages, and an extraordinary track record of clinician loyalty.
- You will enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to focus on both professional development and work/life balance.
- Individual clinician mentorship and support.
- Free training programs are available through BluePearl University and BluePearl Science
- Endless opportunities to advance and grow in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.