BluePearl’s Lawrenceville location is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician ( RVT preferred ) – Ophthalmology – Part time
We are looking for a qualified part time veterinary assistant or technician to join our Ophthalmology service. The position is Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 8A-4P. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Ophthalmology department flow, including seeing appointments, performing diagnostics, and monitoring anesthesia in the pre-, peri-, and post-procedure periods, medication administration and refills, discharging, and client communications.
Essential responsibilities and tasks
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids and can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
- Appropriately restrain non-aggressive feline and canine patients.
- Able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs ocular exam; accurately measures intraocular pressure, schirmer tear test, and fluorescein stain
- Ability to assess menace, pupillary light reflex, and dazzle response.
- Possess a working knowledge of phaco machine (phacoemulsifier)
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, scrub allowance, opportunity to bring your dog to work, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.