Posted Date: December 4, 2018
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Tacoma, WA is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our talented ER/ICU team. This is a full time position working overnight shifts Monday – Wednesday (three 12-hour shifts). This position will receive a shift differential for overnight hours worked.
Are you self-driven, dependable and knowledgeable? Do you demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in a team atmosphere? Do you crave a dynamic and rewarding setting? Apply today!
Our ER/ICU Veterinary Technicians are comfortable triaging emergency cases as they rapidly arrive through our doors. They should be capable of taking x-rays, reviewing patient service estimates with clients, performing diagnostics (radiographs, labwork, etc), setting patients up in ICU or Inpatient ward, discharging patients and client communication. Experience in an emergency hospital is highly preferred.
As an ER/ICU Veterinary Technician, you will…
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, CRT, mucous membranes, temp, respiratory rate and effort.
- Working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- Intubate patients under the direction of a Level II tech or higher.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.