Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center (VSEC), a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Conshohocken is hiring an exceptional Surgery Veterinary Technician.
- Are you a passionate technician looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field?
- Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry?
If you have been looking for a way to advance your career, please check us out.
The ideal candidate will be one with some experience in the Veterinary field, along with a great attitude and a string drive to succeed and build their career in Veterinary medicine. We have an excellent team and we practice outstanding medicine. VSEC was just named Petplan’s 2017 “Practice of the Year”. Come be a part of a winning team with VSEC!
As a Surgery Veterinary Technician you will:
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Administers subcutaneous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Your success is our success.
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
Want to learn more about the greater Philadelphia area?
Learn more about VSEC Levittown!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.