The Client Service Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for a visitor’s first impression of the hospital and is expected to welcome anyone entering the property with a friendly, welcoming greeting. The CSC provides exceptional service to internal and external clients through maintaining a consistent professional and approachable demeanor and taking responsibility for seeking solutions to problems. Prior veterinary experience preferred. Those who thrive in a fast paced environment, embrace change, and can multi-task while running a busy desk will do well in our busy, start of the art hospital.
Schedule is Sunday, Friday and Saturday 12pm-10pm.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Client Service Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for a visitor’s first impression of the hospital and is expected to welcome anyone entering the property with a friendly, welcoming greeting. The CSC provides exceptional service to internal and external clients through maintaining a consistent professional and approachable demeanor and taking responsibility for seeking solutions to problems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc.
Support the BluePearl mission of enriching lives by providing remarkable care for pets.
- Client Service Skills & Competency.
- Greets and makes eye contact when entry door opens to offer every client, visitor or associate a warm and professional acknowledgement immediately upon arrival.
- Demonstrates a friendly smile, good eye contact and approachable demeanor. Uses appropriate behavior and body language to match the client’s level of concern.
- Listens empathetically.
- Speaks clearly, slowly and calmly in person and on the telephone. Communicates clear and client-focused solutions in ways clients are easily able to understand.
- Assesses, immediately upon arrival, each client’s unique need, as well as the pet’s general condition.
- Determines whether an emergency arrival is a “stat” versus “standard” emergency.
- Checks in “stat” and “standard” emergencies according to level of urgency.
- Routes emergency calls.
- Promptly processes accurate and thorough admission and check out procedures, including collection of associated fees.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to ensure clients’ wait times in the lobby and exam rooms are minimized.
- Acts as a liaison to clients, frequently keeping them informed of delays. Connects clients with other associates to facilitate answers to questions.
- Monitors lobby for soiling or clutter and arranges clean up as needed.
- Answers telephones using proper etiquette and tone as determined by established standards.
- Responds to non-patient calls or visitors and connects them to the appropriate associates.
- Confirms all appointments in advance, ensuring clients receive accurate information about preparing their pet for the appointment. Cancels appointments as necessary.
- Explains aftercare options to clients and completes deceased pet aftercare forms.
- Offers emotional support and resource materials to grieving clients in a compassionate and discreet manner.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and service agencies during handling of pet remains by ensuring a complete, accurate and compassionate process.
- Documents client communication in hospital operation software.
- Medical Record Processing.
- Prepares medical records one day prior to appointments.
- Attaches loose forms to medical records and files promptly.
- Purges old medical records according to policies.
- Delivers and sends faxes, email and other correspondence promptly to the correct individual.
- Files records and paperwork accurately according to defined numerical or alphabetical systems.
- Financial Transaction Processing.
- Reconciles daily receipts to hospital operation system figures.
- Maintains cash drawer at specified amount by making change accurately for client payments made in cash.
- Explains payment options to clients.
- Records and processes payments and completes accounting logs.
- Explains Care Credit and submits Care Credit applications.
- Generates and closes out invoices for products purchased at the Client Service desk.
- Administrative Tasks.
- Displays legible handwriting and records digital information free of spelling, grammatical and calculation errors. Uses a professional written and verbal tone in communication.
- Owns, troubleshoots, handles and follows up on problems as they present. Seeks assistance with solving problems as necessary while taking responsibility for facilitating the outcome.
- Understands the meaning of each medical specialty and matches clinical staff with each specialty. Knows which primary nursing associates support individual doctors.
- Uses hospital operation software to look up and document client and patient history.
- Confirms and accurately enters new client information, patient information and primary care veterinarian information.
- Generates hospital forms and reports from hospital operation software.
- Demonstrates competence with telephone system features, including hold, transfer, voicemail, overhead paging and modes.
- Routes primary care veterinarian referral calls to the appropriate clinician or associate.
- Routes client complaint calls to a manager if unable to resolve quickly.
- Routes media calls and inquiries immediately to the Marketing Manager, Practice
- Manager or BluePearl Marketing Director.
- Routes medical record requests to the Client Service Manager.
- Sets and disarms security system. Interfaces with security monitoring service during alarms.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in a minimum of two (2) internal or external continuing education credit hours annually, including annual OSHA training.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve upon skill sets and learn additional skills, enabling greater contribution to the work team.
- High school graduate.
- Previous experience in a medical or veterinary office preferred.
- Work efficiently in a busy hospital environment and proactively identify tasks required to ensure optimum client care and hospital organization.
- Legibly and accurately document patient, client and primary care veterinarian information and other hospital communication; display attention to detail.
- Maintain calm demeanor during emergency situations; relate effectively with various personalities and sense when someone is in distress; demonstrate sincere compassion.
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally with coworkers, doctors and clients; handle confrontation with grace.
- Think quickly and problem-solve with sound judgment.
- Perform and document basic financial calculations accurately.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, scrub allowance, opportunity to bring your dog to work, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
Why our Oklahoma City location?
Our BluePearl Oklahoma City, OK hospital serves the areas of Oklahoma City, Edmond, Midwest City, Yukon, Mustang, Moore, Normal as well as north Texas and the Texas panhandle. In January 2017, we moved into a new, state-of-the-art 18,500-square-foot building!
We offer a multitude of advanced diagnostics, including endoscopy, fluoroscopy and arthroscopy, an in-house laboratory, as well as a CT scanner and MRI capabilities on site. Our services include 24/7 emergency medicine and surgery, internal medicine, laser surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, ophthalmology and soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery.
According to Forbes, Oklahoma is the most affordable and recession-proof state in America. Our city is home to the Oklahoma City Zoo, the country’s largest food truck rally and has been named the “Horse Show Capital of the World.” Love to travel? Oklahoma City is centrally located with short flights to anywhere in the nation!
Learn why Oklahoma City is a great place to work and live!
Learn more about the Oklahoma City Location!
Learn more about our surgery center!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.