BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Northfield, IL is hiring an enthusiastic Kennel Assistant for their busy Emergency Department. This is a full time opportunity – Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 9am-7pm.
A Kennel Assistant attends to the basic needs of animals that are patients of the hospital and cleans the hospital facility, equipment and tools. The role may include assistance with basic patient care such as safe restraint of patients during treatments.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Observes patients for obvious signs of health concerns and reports to senior staff.
• Cleans and disinfects areas of the hospital as often as is necessary to maintain high standards of care.
• Prepares patient meals, cleans patient cages and bedding, and maintains litter boxes.
• Safely approaches and restrains cooperative patients as needed during treatments.
• Provides routine attention to patients, including walking dogs.
• Effectively cleans and maintains hospital equipment and tools.
• Quantifies patient voids and reports to senior Veterinary Assistant or Technician.
• Removes and washes soiled laundry and keeps clean laundry stocked.
• Patrols facility regularly to ensure cleanliness.
• Other job duties as assigned.
BluePearl Northfield is the next step in your career.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, state of the art healthcare. We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Our associate benefits include:
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance package options.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours.
- Scrub allowance.
- Opportunity to bring your dog to work
- Additional training with unlimited growth potential.
- 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
Why our Northfield location?
We provide advanced, comprehensive, compassionate care. We offer a positive, efficient, and encouraging environment. We also have a robust internship program. Our services and specialties include:
- 24/7 emergency medicine
- critical care
- internal medicine
- myriad of diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities, including a CT scanner and ultrasound units.
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. We are pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.