Veterinary Technician – Medical Oncology
Posted Date: January 11, 2019
Our BluePearl hospital in Irvine is seeking a talented Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital and work in our Oncology Department. This is a full-time opportunity working day shifts.
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a veterinary technician? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where learning and development is valued and encouraged? We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Technician to join an exceptional medical staff.
A BluePearl Oncology Technician is someone who is self-motivated, a quick thinker, and is able to multi-task efficiently. Strong communication skills and compassion are a must. Prefer to have a minimum of two or more years of experience in a specialty veterinary hospital. The right candidate will be responsible for treating and monitoring patients as well as support the clinician with patient care and client communication.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Triage and obtain patient history
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Perform radiographs
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Follow OSHA safety standards for preparing, handling and disposing of chemotherapy drugs
- Operation of the chemotherapy hood
- Perform and confirm complex chemotherapy calculations and conversions
- Prepares and administers chemotherapy safely
- Prepare prescriptions and efficiently communicates discharge orders to clients.
**Medical Oncology- Specific Skills**
- Monitor patient who is receiving a chemotherapy infusion
- Ability to set up appropriate materials for short and long chemotherapy administration
- Ability to safely dispense and administer oral chemotherapy agents
- Ability to safely dispense, reconstitute and administered SQ/IM chemotherapy agents
- Knowledge of chemotherapy extravasation and what to do if it happens
- Ability to check chemotherapy agent calculations and dosages
- Ability to properly wrap and shave for an IV catheter for chemotherapy infusion
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.