Our BluePearl hospital in Irvine is seeking a talented Surgery Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital. This is a full-time opportunity working four 10-hour day shifts with shared on-call responsibilities.
Are you a passionate Veterinary Technician looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field? Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professionals in this industry? If you have been looking for a way to advance your career, please check us out.
Surgery Technicians should be comfortable handling sedation and basic to advanced anesthesia cases. They should be capable of taking x-rays at an intermediate level. The ideal applicant has at least 3 years experience working with a surgical team.
Some responsibilities of a Surgery Tech include:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Administer subcutaneous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How can you become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefit options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- annual uniform allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.