ER Veterinary Assistant
Posted Date: January 11, 2019
Our BluePearl hospital in North Seattle is seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our talented team. We are looking for someone who is motivated to make a difference, who has excellent verbal and written communication skills to work in a dynamic multi-doctor practice.
This is a full-time opportunity working day shifts with multiple scheduling options:
Wednesday – Saturday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday – Sunday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Do you work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment? Would your peers describe you as patient, respectful, and compassionate? Are you eager to make a difference for animals and provide premier patient care?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to hear from you!
As a BluePearl Emergency Vet Assistant
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle our patients according to safety protocols and our core values.
- You have the ability to assist in CPR in a calm and collected manner.
- You are able to identify patient stability to aid in prioritization of treatment.
- You will perform venipuncture to collect and run laboratory samples with our IDEXX in house lab equipment
- You understand our hospital estimates and can clearly present and explain them to our clients.
- You have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- You have patience and empathy to address client concerns
- You prepare medications and our patients/clients for discharge with concise directions for our clients.
BluePearl Vet Partners is the next step in your career.
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training to continue to learn and grow.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
- Associate discounts.
- Member of Mars Petcare Family.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.