Veterinary Assistant Surgery
Fort Myers, FL
Category: Hospital Support Staff
Posted Date: February 8, 2019
As a BluePearl Veterinary Assistant:
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle our patients according to safety protocols and our core values.
- You are able to identify abnormal pathology.
- You can perform effective oral nerve blocks in preparation for advanced procedures as directed by a Veterinarian.
- You have an ability to identify common heart dysrhythmias.
- You understand our hospital estimates and can clearly present and explain them to our clients.
- You can conduct manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- You have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- You will educate clients in the areas of dental health and appropriate dental home care for our patients.
- You prepare medications and our patients/clients for discharge with concise directions for our clients.
We are searching for a Veterinary Assistant who…
- Holds a current certification
- Has a High School Diploma/GED.
- Has at least two years of experience working as a Vet Assistant or has graduated from an accredited veterinary technician program
BluePearl Vet Partners is the next step in your career.
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training to continue to learn and grow.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
- Associate discounts.
- Member of Mars Petcare Family.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.