A BluePearl Neurology Veterinary Technician is someone who is self-motivated, a quick thinker, and someone who is able to multi-task efficiently. Applicants must have experience in all areas of anesthesia, monitoring anesthesia, knowledge of surgical procedures, sterile technique, and operating room preparation. Good communication skills and compassion is a must. Prefer to have a minimum of two or more years’ experience in a veterinary hospital. Interested candidates will be responsible for some post-operative client communication and must be able to work independently while contributing to a larger team goal. A rotating on call schedule is required once training has been completed.
As a Neurology Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Have the ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Be able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Have the ability to monitor patient under anesthesia during diagnostics and surgery.
- Therapy including signs of overload
- Unlimited growth potential
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.