Our Neurology Veterinary Technicians function as liaisons between our Neurologists and our clients regarding patient histories, care instructions, lab results, patient updates, and other topics as requested by the doctors. This position will involve client contact through phone calls, email, and in person conversations. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with physical exams, performing and monitoring general anesthesia for diagnostic (CT, MRI and spinal fluid taps) and surgical procedures. Good communications skills required. Anesthesia experience preferred.
As a Neurology Veterinary Technician you will:
· Calculate medical math
· Set up for and assist with diagnostic imaging procedures (CT, myelogram, CSF collection, MRI).
· Prepare drugs, prep areas and operating rooms for procedures and surgeries.
· Assist in surgery as necessary
· Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia
· Discharge neurology patients from the hospital, including basic client education such as post operative restrictions, sling walking, range of motion, medication instructions, etc.
· Perform additional job duties as assigned.
- Unlimited growth potential
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.