The successful candidate will work alongside our two board certified internal medicine specialists, providing remarkable care for pets in our state of the art facility. Our I.M. specialty team does many procedures such as dialysis, endoscopy, tracheal stinting, I131 therapy and advanced diagnostics and imaging. Our internal medicine technicians and assistants are an important part of our long-term patient care team and work in partnership with our clients, doctors and referring veterinarians to provide the best care for our patients.
Minimum experience required for this position opening:
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Alerts veterinarian if a patient’s status has changed and/or physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside of normal ranges.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Understands classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Prepares medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
- Maintains solid grasp of common veterinary medical terms and abbreviations and is able to converse with other veterinary professionals in medical terms.
- Able to address client concerns and answer them appropriately during visits, updates, or after hospitalization. Quickly and competently facilitates incoming calls.
- Implement appropriate animal husbandry skills to decrease disease spread, injury and stress to patients.
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Is current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
- Maintains hospital for day to day function and operation (stocking, cleaning, etc.).
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare. We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our associates is paramount. Not only do our associates get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, we also offer an annual CE allowance. BluePearl veterinary assistants also have access to a 90% paid scholarship with Penn Foster, which upon successful completion, will allow them to take the VTNE. We go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship, cross-training and career advancement. BluePearl is committed to supporting and advancing the veterinary technician profession by providing an additional advanced CE expense reimbursement for eligible associates, as well as special incentives for our associates that successfully obtain a VTS.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, a 401(k) retirement plan, dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, uniform allowance, PTO, and pet insurance. There are always additional training offerings and unlimited growth potential in the hospital and the BluePearl network.
Why our Franklin location?
Our BluePearl Franklin, TN hospital is one of the only emergency veterinary hospitals in the Nashville area open 24-hours a day, every day of the year. This 11,500-square-foot facility was built in 2015 and is equipped with a CT scanner, ultrasound, arthroscopy, rigid and flexible scopes, a radioiodine I-131 treatment room, a dialysis unit, telemetry, Snyder O2 cages, videotoscopy, digital radiography, NOVA and Idexx blood analyzers, video microscopes, fluoroscopy and a long term ventilator. We offer a collaborative work environment with emergency clinicians and a multitude of board certified specialists in critical care, dermatology, internal medicine, oncology, radiology and surgery. We also have a robust internship program.
Franklin is located minutes from Nashville, which is home to great live music venues, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry, delicious restaurants, professional sports teams, plenty of historic sites and outdoor recreation activities and adventures. There is no state income tax and the cost of living is 5 percent below the national average! You’ll also find plenty of dog parks and pet-friendly restaurants and bars. Want to learn more about Franklin, TN?
Click here to learn more about Franklin, TN!
Click here to learn more about our Franklin hospital!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.