BluePearl’s Rockville, MD location is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Veterinary Technician to join our compassionate Oncology department.
- Are you committed and passionate about enriching lives through remarkable care for pets?
- Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding work environment?
- Are you a team player who enjoys working together on a team to provide quality care for pets?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
A BluePearl Oncology Technician is someone who is self-motivated, a quick thinker, and is able to multi-task efficiently. Good communication skills and compassion is a must. Prefer to have a minimum of two or more years’ experience in a specialty veterinary hospital. The right candidate will be responsible for treating and monitoring patients as well as support the clinician with patient care and client communication.
Must be experienced in anesthesia monitoring.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Triage and obtain patient history
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Perform radiographs
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Follow OSHA safety standards for preparing, handling and disposing of chemotherapy drugs
- Operation of the chemotherapy hood
- Perform and confirm complex chemotherapy calculations and conversions
- Prepares and administers chemotherapy safely
- Prepare prescriptions and efficiently communicates discharge orders to clients.
**Medical Oncology– Specific Skills**
- Monitor patient who is receiving a chemotherapy infusion under supervision of veterinary technician level 3 or higher
- Ability to set up appropriate materials for short and long chemotherapy administration
- Ability to safely dispense and administer oral chemotherapy agents
- Ability to safely dispense, reconstitute and administered SQ/IM chemotherapy agents
- Knowledge of chemotherapy extravasation and what to do if it happens
- Ability to check chemotherapy agent calculations and dosages
- Ability to properly wrap and shave for an IV catheter for chemotherapy infusion
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.