The Director, Clinical Development will lead the development and implementation of all of our BluePearl Clinician Development programs, policies, and objectives to create and maintain a healthy pipeline of clinical talent. You will collaborate with stakeholders to assess training and development needs as well as gauge the effectiveness of established programs. You will develop the strategic plan and set the direction of our residency program, rotating and specialty internships, and EmERge as well as mentorship and other programs.
As the Director, Clinical Development you will:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars and team.
- Lead the design, development, and/or refinement of clinical development programs, monitor effectiveness, and drive continuous improvement and alignment with practice objectives.
- Oversee the execution of: HOP (House Officer Program) which includes internships and residences, EmERge, and Clinician mentorship programs.
- Serve as an advocate for clinical engagement and culture of learning across the practice, participating in related initiatives as appropriate.
- Deliver some program training content in person or virtually and be available for consultation and high-impact mentorship situations.
- Develop and implement key performance metrics for functional area and ensure regular reporting of results to stakeholder.
- Ensure creation and maintenance of BluePearl DVM curriculum reflecting changing trends, information, regulation, and technologies.
- Own relationship management with talent pipeline-related external industry partners, including university relations.
- Collaborate with Mars Veterinary Health colleagues to establish industry presence and join forums as appropriate.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), one-year rotating internship and board-certified specialist required.
- 8+ years’ of job-related experience in a leadership role with the veterinary industry required.
- Must have prior role with focus on clinical talent development.
- Experience in academic environment preferred.
- You will become a member of the Mars Veterinary Services Network: BluePearl, Banfield, Pet Partners, and VCA.
- You will have access to a rich supply of resources to further our mission: Enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and an extraordinary track record of clinician loyalty.
- We offer free training programs through BluePearl University and BluePearl Science.
- You will have endless opportunities to advance and grow in your career.
BluePearl is committed to developing a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Company is proud to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.