As a Surgery Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Utilize their ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Administers subcutaneous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
You benefit package will include:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.