As an ER Veterinary Technician you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Understand classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Have the ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possess a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications
- Remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrate proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
Join Our Team! Our Tacoma location has a strong sense of family. We look out for each other, and our departments work seamlessly together towards our common goal. If you enjoy being part of a cohesive, passionate team, this is the clinic for you!
Your success is our success! At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Additional Benefits: BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, annual uniform allowance, annual CE allowance, Paid Time Off, opportunity to bring your pet to work, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.