As a Surgery Technician you will…
- Maintain proficiency at Veterinary Tech Level 2 clinical skills and competencies.
- Compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle patients.
- Approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
- Set up for routine procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Perform open, closed, and assisted gloving aseptically.
- Perform a proper surgical hand scrub/Avagard application.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and identification of surgical instruments and equipment / proper storage & care.
- Set up instruments and equipment needed for surgical procedures (abdominal, thoracic, and orthopedic).
- Properly pass instruments and equipment needed during surgical procedures and maintain sterility.
- Properly clean, prepare and sterilize all surgical instruments and equipment.
- Set up operating room for surgical procedures.
- Be able to perform as a surgical scrub nurse for soft tissue and orthopedic procedures.
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients assigned ASA II & III classification.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and appropriately recover, set up, and transfer post-op patients.
- Accurately and completely prepare and maintain anesthetic monitoring forms.
- Obtain and interpret blood pressure and alert veterinarian to changes and issues.
- Calculate all medical math including advanced and CRI (mcg/mg, %/mg, etc).
- Set up constant rate infusions (CRIs).
- Place peripheral catheters in all peripheral vessels.
- Appropriately restrain aggressive canine and feline patients.
- Recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Maintain all feeding tubes and chest tubes
- Identify patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
You benefit package will include:
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.