Are you looking for a fast paced technician position, working with an amazing team of board certified surgeons, experienced LVMTs and assistants?
We are looking for highly ambitious, self-motivated and compassionate candidates to join our amazing surgery team in Franklin, TN just minutes south of Nashville. The successful candidate will work alongside our team of board certified surgeons, experienced technicians, assistants, ER doctors and other boarded specialists, providing remarkable care for pets in our state of the art hospital. Candidates must be experienced with anesthesia, IV catheter placement and patient monitoring during surgery and post operatively. An LVMT CVT, LVT or RVT with prior surgery technician experience is preferred. In addition to providing excellent care, BluePearl’s surgery team is a two time winner of our annual Dancin’ at the Pearl dance contest! Bring all of your excellent skills and become a part of this fun and exceptional surgery team in the Nashville area.
Minimum experience required for this position opening:
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Alerts veterinarian if a patient’s status has changed and/or physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside of normal ranges.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Prepares medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
- Maintains solid grasp of common veterinary medical terms and abbreviations and is able to converse with other veterinary professionals in medical terms.
- Able to address client concerns and answer them appropriately during visits, updates, or after hospitalization, for their skill set. Quickly and competently facilitates incoming calls.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Perform patient pre-anesthetic work up, prepare drugs, antibiotics etc.
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients assigned ASA II & III classification.
- Perform bandaging techniques for orthopedic and soft tissue trauma and surgical patients,
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
- Maintains hospital for day to day function and operation (stocking, cleaning, etc.).
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our associates is paramount. Not only do our associates get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, we also offer an annual CE allowance. BluePearl veterinary assistants also have access to a 90% paid scholarship with Penn Foster, which upon successful completion, will allow them to take the VTNE. We go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship, cross-training and career advancement. BluePearl is committed to supporting and advancing the veterinary technician profession by providing an additional advanced CE expense reimbursement for eligible associates, as well as special incentives for our associates that successfully obtain a VTS
BluePearl offers health benefits options, a 401(k) retirement plan, dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, uniform allowance, PTO, and pet insurance. There are always additional training offerings and unlimited growth potential in the hospital and the BluePearl network.
Why our Franklin location?
Our BluePearl Franklin, TN hospital is one of the only emergency veterinary hospitals in the Nashville area open 24-hours a day, every day of the year. This 11,500-square-foot facility was built in 2015 and is equipped with a CT scanner, ultrasound, arthroscopy, rigid and flexible scopes, a radioiodine I-131 treatment room, a dialysis unit, telemetry, Snyder O2 cages, videotoscopy, digital radiography, NOVA and Idexx blood analyzers, video microscopes and a long term ventilator. We offer a collaborative work environment with emergency clinicians and a multitude of board certified specialists in critical care, dermatology, internal medicine, oncology, radiology and surgery. We also have a robust internship program.
Franklin is located minutes from Nashville, which is home to great live music venues, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry, delicious restaurants, professional sports teams, plenty of historic sites and outdoor recreation activities and adventures. There is no state income tax and the cost of living is 5 percent below the national average! You’ll also find plenty of dog parks and pet-friendly restaurants and bars. Want to learn more about Franklin, TN?
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria. We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.