Emergency Veterinary Technician – Overnight
Ann Arbor, MI
Posted Date: August 13, 2019
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician:
• You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle patients.
• You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
• You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up requests by Veterinarian.
• You will clean, appropriately wrap, and sterilize instruments.
• You set up for routine procedures
• You induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients.
• You can accurately and completely prepare and maintain anesthetic monitoring forms.
• You obtain and interpret blood pressure and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
• You set up constant rate infusions (CRI).
• You place peripheral over-the-needle catheter in all peripheral vessels.
• You appropriately restrain aggressive canine and feline patients.
• You can recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds.
• You place and maintain feeding tubes
• You calculate all medical math including advanced and CRI (mcg/mg, %/mg, etc).
• You can identify patients at risk for arrest and initiate CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines.
• Current certification/license in veterinary technology or a minimum of 2 years of veterinary experience.
• Experience working in a Emergency veterinary practice is preferred.
• High School graduate.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.